Thursday, November 3, 2011

Traveling and well, not.

As of late Eric and I have been running ourselves ragged.. from family stuff (baby showers, weddings, etc) to Haiti stuff (fundraising, speaking at churches etc) and just random things coming up. Thus, I've been lagging on posts! So this weekend we planted our tires firmly to the driveway and said "No." to traveling for the first time in a long time. (Since September 10th!) We actually had an entire weekend without traveling! We didn't know what to do with ourselves to say the least.. lol!

But this weekend we are back at it and boy are we glad. We will be heading down to Longview, TX to see our best friends and spiritual leaders Nathan and Ericka Rogers. Nathan is the pastor of Longview Missionary Baptist Church where I will be speaking to a Sunday school class and to the congregation about my upcoming time in Haiti. We are sooo excited!

And speaking of speaking.. Two weekends ago, I was given the privileged to share my story with Center Baptist Church where my brother Joe Snyder is the youth pastor. I was so encouraged by the support from the people there.
An older couple, who I spent some time with during our 4 weeks at church camp this summer, came up to me after the service. The neat thing is I met them 4 days after Eric and I returned from our PPM trips to Belize, at Bogg Springs camp. I had over a month of dirty laundry to do and they were staying in the Nurse's cabin.(where the laundry is located) So everyday I would go in to begin more laundry and without fail, they would finish it for me while I was gone throughout the day. They took such good care of me! We spent many hours in that little cabin talking and getting to know one another. They listened as I told them all my stories from City Reach and Belize. And they even listened as I expressed (for the first time to anyone) my opportunity to go to Haiti, my heart for children and missions, my worries, fears and excitement. They even were the ones to help me with my bacterial infection that I got while I was in Belize!  They were such an encouragement to me those weeks and it was awesome get to see them now and tell them my plans now that the ball is rolling!
I also got to meet a young girl named Laura who had recently done a medical mission in Haiti. She gave me some excellent tips and tricks about the culture, people and country. It was such a blessing!

So in short, be praying about our travels, my speaking to churches, fundraising and staying strong! I'll leave with an excerpt from "Jesus Calling" which is written from the perspective of God. I have been dealing with emotional waves, unsettling, discontentment, stress, anxiety and many things which have left me feeling extremely weak and incapable of accomplishing my goals and keeping my focus where it should be. This was my devotional for today.

"Grow strong in the Light of my Presence. Your weakness does not repel Me. On the contrary, it attracts My Power, which is always available to flow into a yielded heart. Do not condem yourself for your constant need of help. Instead, come to Me with your gaping neediness; let the Light of My Love fill you."







1 comment:

  1. You can rest up when you're old! Seriously, as one of your prayer warriors, I count it an honor and privilege to reach toward Heaven on your behalf and am praying for God to give you peace and strength. I love you Sis!

    ReplyDelete