Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Life IS Hope`

As we visited Life is Hope Orphanage today, I was in awe of the children and their excitement for us to be there! There's nothing quite like stepping out of a vehicle and 100 Haitian orphaned children singing their "Welcome" song to you! I don't think I've ever been more excited and happy to have sweaty little kids climbing all over me.(Who knew long hair was so fun to braid?) ;)

Smarck is my little friend, who is eleven years old. He loves to play soccer, listen to Justin Bieber and pretend like he is Kobe Bryant. He is good with English, much better than I am with Creole anyway... and it was so sweet to watch him work SO hard to interpret for me. We played the whole time I was there. Even while I had two little ones asleep on my lap, he still wanted me to play with him and his paper airplane. As we left, we just kept our eyes locked on one another. It was if the Lord was there, assuring me that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. Thank you Father for Your assurance!

 Smarck

I kept thinking of Smarck's little paper airplane. He would throw it... watch it fly and then tweak it to make it perfect. He was so bent on getting it perfectly so it would fly straight. It reminded of Christ and His continual watch over our lives. My prayer is that You Lord, mold me! Tweak me to fly in the exact way You would have me! Smoothly, on the course that You have in mind!

I pray that you this week may share my heart. Listen to God's voice, be aware of His hand in your life.

Please keep the kids at Life is Hope in your prayers and of course the boys at HCO as well.

Thank you all for your love and encouragement!


No comments:

Post a Comment