Friday, February 17, 2012

Admise

Hello friends! I hope I find you well and in close communication with Christ!

This past week I took a short trip to the fishing village of Grambouchi near Les Cayes, Haiti. This was to continue set-up for a trip that Eric and I are leading in March. (This is the same as when we lead trips in Belize during the summer.) I'm so excited to be serving in such a beautiful and amazing community! It is a small village of about 200 people who live and work by the sea.

We have two teams coming down to do various ministries that week, one of which is building a home for a lovely woman named Admise.

Admise is 50 years of age and has 10 children and 7 grand-children. She still maintains a full work-week and is currently raising 7 of her 10 children on her own. Her home is approximately 125 sq. ft. and she and 7 children currently live there. She is a humble, hard-working woman.

I had the incredible opportunity to be a part of telling her about her new home! What an exciting opportunity for PPM, our teams and for Admise and her family!

Admise and a few of her children in front of her home.




Our teams in the states are doing their best to raise the funds needed for this family but I felt like this was a ministry I should open up to my supporters and followers!

Maybe you've thought about supporting me, but really would like to support a particular need. Well, now is your chance! Be the hands and feet of Christ! Be His light unto the world! 

Would you like to give to Admise and her family?
If so, go to https://www.prayingpelicanmissions.org/donate.cfm and follow these directions!
*Choose the bubble "Haiti Relief" and
*choose my name from the drop down menu "PPM Leader"
*fill out information
*then message me on Facebook or email me at
bethany.n.richardson@gmail.com
and let me know you donated!

This money will not be used towards my trip, it will be given directly to the ministry at Admise's home.

 Thank you all for your continued support as I do my best to serve the people of Haiti as Christ allows! 


No comments:

Post a Comment