Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Those Little Moments

Hello friends!

As I mentioned in my last post, Marlo and I have officially moved to HCO! We are getting settled in and have begun building relationships with the boys and getting into a little bit of a routine.

As I began thinking of a post to write, I couldn't decide on just one thing to write about! I realized the reason why is because my heart is overflowing! There are so many little moments that add up to the way I am feeling right now and assure me that I am right where I'm meant to be. Like sitting in the floor with 30 boys practicing/comparing English and Creole, making fools of ourselves trying to pronounce "hard" words from the other language and laughing until it hurts.  Like watching the boys go nuts playing cards, hearing them yell my name, seeing them run to the car or even just watching their faces light up when I call them by name.

But then there are the little moments that I will carry with me for a lifetime. For instance, we have prayer and singing outside our door with all of the boys at 8:30 every night. Last night as I went to lift my hands in worship, I realized that I couldn't... due to the two little hands firmly grasping my own. What an excellent and beautiful "problem" to have.

Its these moments that fill my days, my heart and my journal. I love this place, these boys and my mission the Lord has called me to.

Thank You Lord for Your continual calling on my heart to HCO. You are Faithful, You are Good.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment